Friday, December 21, 2012

RPD Results


There is that moment when She leaves the screen to complete the divination and you are left to think and pray and bite your nails. I went over the list in my head again—the list of all the Names I was prepared to hear, the mental gymnastics I would have to do for ones I hadn’t prepared for. Because I had said in shrine, aloud, that I would accept the results, whatever they were. I trust the Nisut (AUS) and I trust the process and I had committed to it fully before entering that chat room.

So there I was in ritual whites, sitting across the room from the festival altar I’d set up for the earlier Dua, listing names that I would be able to cope with, trying not to hope too desperately for Him.




“I’m okay,” I said, “If it’s Yinepu, Nebt-Het, Wesir, Heru, Wepwawet, Djehuty, Sekhmet, Hethert…I’m okay if it’s not You, I’ll just have to do some meditating and…”

Then two seconds before She came back with the results my nervous vulnerable heart suddenly filled with a familiar raging strength and I felt a distinct *whack*, Gibbs-style, across the back of my metaphysical head.

You belong to me, idiot.

He was right of course. She made me wait an eternity before She actually said it, before She confirmed what I already knew and was afraid to even admit I knew, but in the end it was what I had so desperately hoped to hear.

Set is my father. But he did not come alone. I knew there would be a second parent if Set was one of them, because it has been stated elsewhere that he doesn’t come alone, though I would not have guessed at who it was (though it makes more and more sense as I think on it). I was a bit surprised to hear I had three beloveds (so many!), but they all make sense to me.

 So, the official results…drum roll please….

I am the daughter of Set and Ra, and my beloveds are Sekhmet-Hethert, Nebthet-Nit-Seshat, and Her-wer.
 
Nekhtet!!! 

Needless to say, I immediately committed to becoming a Shemsu. Naming will be sometime next week. I will post when specifically as soon as I figure that out so that folks can attend if they'd like to. And now...I am off to feast in celebration! 

2 comments:

  1. Nekhtet, Sister-in-Set! *grins broadly* I will do my damnedest to be at your Naming.

    May our Father's hand continue to guide and change You in useful and fascinating ways.

    ReplyDelete