Wednesday, June 6, 2012

When He Speaks from Within Me



There is a place in my heart which is full of fury and might. A place where I am strong in myself and sure of my course. It is always an ember smoldering within me, but every now and then it roars to life and fills me with flame. Not angry flame. Not hateful flame, but something else:

Defiant flame. A flame of challenge. Prove it to me. Go ahead. I dare you.

I genuinely don't want you to fail.

I want to see you emerge from those flames as strong as before you entered. I want to see you walk in righteousness and deserving glory--but I do want to see you walk through the flames.

It is not enough to tell me. Show me. Make me believe in you.

I look forward to giving  myself over to you honestly and completely. I look forward to being wrong about you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment